WHAT IS YOUR STYLE OF PHOTOGRAPHY?
My style is relaxed, lifestyle portrait photography. Photo shoots are on-location, which means that I can come to your home or meet you outside at a nearby park or other outdoor location. I have always loved timeless, natural, and candid images. I will casually pose portraits and catch the in between “real moments”.
HOW DO WE BOOK A SESSION?
Just email or call to reserve a spot, and I will schedule a time typically within 2-4 weeks to photograph you. I will send you a contract, suggestions on what to wear, location suggestions if desired, and collect a session fee to hold your spot.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT AFTER THE SESSION?
The proofs from your session will be uploaded to a password protected web gallery for viewing and ordering within 7-14 days following your session. I am also available for in person ordering consultations.
WHAT TIME SHOULD WE BOOK OUR SESSION?
It is recommended that outdoor sessions are booked in the early morning or evening (before 10:00 AM and after 4:00 PM depending on the time of year) when the sun is lower in the sky and the light is most flattering. I typically book family sessions Friday – Sunday at 9:00 AM or 5:00 – 7:00 PM.
DO YOU PROVIDE LOCATION SUGGESTIONS?
Yes! You can choose to do the session at your home, or I am happy to provide location suggestions based on what you are looking for once you book a session. I have photographed families and individuals all over St. Louis and I am familiar with several great locations – and always looking for new ones!
DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION INFO
The session fee is required to hold your date and time. Deposits are non refundable. If you need to cancel your session, you may reschedule for the next available time slot.
WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR FOR OUR SESSION?
- Try to incorporate 2-4 colors and stick to more solid colors than busy patterns. (Mixing up the colors is much more interesting photographically than everyone in the same color!)
- Check out my boards on Pinterest.
- Think about where you plan to display the images in your home and what works well with your home decor as well.
- Clothing styles should be as timeless as possible.
- Also consider comfort – if you are comfortable in your clothing then you will appear comfortable in your photographs.
- If it’s a trend you may dislike in a few years, avoid the trend.
- Layers work very well, as well as accessories such as scarves, necklaces, and hats.
- Adding texture provides visual interest, but definitely avoid heavy textures or patterns that may appear bulky.